Why join us?
Known as one of the most stunning alpine settings in the Canadian Rockies, and ranked the #1 day hike in Canada by Lonely Planet, Sunshine Meadows offers visitors unparalleled views. As spring turns into summer the meadows are in full bloom and ablaze with colourful wildflowers, setting off jaw-dropping views of surrounding peaks, including Mt. Assiniboine, “the Matterhorn of the Canadian Rockies".
The Trail Host provides guests with information and recommendations to enhance their mountain hiking and sightseeing experience in the Sunshine Meadows hiking area. You will provide assistance to groups visiting the Meadows to ensure their visit is safe and enjoyable with minimum impact on the environment. You will be trained in wildlife conflict protocols and appreciation for the special environment of the Sunshine Meadows.
About the Role
- Travel by foot through various trails to inform guests about the trails, environments and routes.
- Host and attend to guests in our interpretive center and the Sunshine Mountain Lodge.
- Monitor and report on environmental and trail conditions
- Report, respond to and assist with wildlife conflicts
- Report and assist in any emergency responses until Public Safety personnel arrive
- You are outgoing, comfortable speaking to groups, love the outdoors and passionate about providing an excellent guest experience.
- Physically fit, able to walk long distance in rugged terrain on a daily basis
- Comfortable working in harsh mountain conditions with sudden and extreme changes in weather conditions.
- Able to exercise judgement and make sound decisions.
- Able to work flexible shifts including weekends.
Can’t wait to get started? Great, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply today.
Sunshine Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity within our workplace.