Mistplay is the first Loyalty Platform for mobile gamers. Players use Mistplay daily to play games, earn rewards and connect with friends. With already over 5 million members around the world in under 2-years, Mistplay is among the top 50 fastest growing technology startups in Canada.
Mistplay leverages a wealth of in-game data and Machine Learning to recommend the best games to its users. We empower mobile game studios to acquire and deeply engage users around the world through our Loyalty Platform.
Our culture is rooted in growth and upheld by smart, dynamic, and enthusiastic people. We are constantly learning, improving, working hard and playing harder. We strive to push boundaries, take calculated risks, and win. Think you have what it takes?
**WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING**
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Mistplay experience for the Android platform.
- Work on fun projects such as social networking features for mobile gamers (Chat rooms, photo sharing, etc.).
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Identify issues by analyzing data, processes, and code to solve frontend issues and recognize areas for improvement.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Perform consistent and substantial testing to create highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Implement solutions to complex problems in the frontend infrastructure.
- Be able to write secure code and maintain the functionality of the infrastructure.
- Bachelors's degree in Computer science, Software Engineering or related field is required.
- Strong knowledge of Frontend Android Coding languages such as Kotlin, Java and xml.
- Previous work experience with AWS, Android SDK or mobile development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development.
- Knowledge of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting.
- Generous stock option package
- We match 20% of your contribution to your retirement plan.
- Monthly public transportation stipend.
- Monthly gym membership.
- Dialogue membership - unlimited free video calls and text with nurses, doctors anytime for any reason - they’ll even help you book IRL appointments.
- Weekly happy hour.
- Bring your dog to work day.
- Frequent team outings and offsites
- Unlimited organic free-trade espresso coffee
- Private healthcare - includes massages.
We work hard to make our office atmosphere as inviting and fun as possible! Working at Mistplay is coupled with a whole array of perks: 15-inch Macbook Pro, Android smartphone, automatic standing desk, unlimited free-trade organic coffee, frequent team outings, Friday happy hours, 4K monitors and so much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- css: 1 year (Preferred)