Join the DSI Underground Family and become a member of a world class team!
DSI Underground is a leader in developing, producing and supplying innovative products and systems for Underground Mining and Tunneling. We support our customers in reaching a higher level of safety Underground. In order to live up to our high standards, we need employees who think along the same lines as we do.
Your success is our success. That’s why we offer a broad range of development prospects and career opportunities within the DSI Underground Group. For many years, we have been filling management and leadership positions from within our own ranks.
It is important to us that new DSI Underground employees become part of our wider “family” and share our values and our culture.
This position is responsible for delivering information technology best practices to internal and external customers. As the IT Manager, you will manage the Canadian IT team, service providers and act as a liaison between the Global and local office. In this leadership position, the right person will implement IT Digital solutions to support the core business and DSI growth strategy.
- To lead internal IT team and external advisors to provide exceptional IT support and services through DSI.
- Achieve business objectives in line with organizational business strategy.
- Coordinate good communication and collaboration between Global IT, Local IT and IT teams in other Regions.
- To lead local IT Team and align local IT services and activities with Global IT Strategy and global standards.
- To Analyze local business needs and translates it into IT Services provided by local IT Team with the help of local and global tools and platforms.
- To be responsible for all IT governance in Canada and implement DSI global standards and Policies, ensuring that all local policies are known and available to the users and adopted. Provide guidance, training and IT awareness.
- To oversee the maintenance and monitoring of all local and remote computing resources ensuring all servers and computing power services are functioning correctly and at optimum performance.
- To ensure efficiency and maintenance of server room and remote branch equipment, such as Servers, Storage Arrays, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers, IP CCTV Video Servers, etc.
- To ensure optimum performance of communication links with the management of Service Providers.
- To ensure the electronic mail and collaboration services are running optimally and are available to all the users.
- To ensure users have the correct software and folder privileges for their respective jobs.
With this opportunity, DSI Underground offers a competitive Total Compensation Package including fair and equitable wages, annual incentive program and comprehensive group benefits.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for DSI Underground.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent