Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Abide by health and safety guidelines prescribed by governing bodies and the TRC Environmental Health and Safety Committee
- Troubleshoot facility & production equipment in order to determine if problem must be escalated to a contract service provider
- Escort contractors on site, explain where the issues are, and ensure they comply with safety standards
- Maintain contractor list and provide feedback on their services and prices
- Repair malfunctioning Building services equipment, such as Exhaust fan and HVAC units; this include replacing belts, pulleys, etc.
- Repair malfunctioning Laboratory equipment, such as high and low vacuum pumps, rotovaps biotags, etc.
- General Maintenance in the building, which includes repairs on walls, roofing, doors, windows, picture hanging, locks, shelving, plumbing, cleaning of spills, etc.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance (PMs) on Building services equipment. The PMs to include: changing filters on MUA and RTU units, greasing moving parts, and general equipment cleaning
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance (PMs) on Laboratory equipment. This to include oil changes, greasing moving parts, and general cleaning
- Perform regular inspections to identify and correct equipment malfunctions, repairs, and replacements. Analyze root causes of equipment failures and propose corrective actions
- Complete daily checks on DI Water supply - opening and shutting off as per schedule and arrange bottle replacements; check and maintain appropriate output pressures on air compressors and steam generators; confirm exhaust system for the fume hoods; check and update the temperatures for all the rooms in the buildings, especially the labs
- Perform other duties and complete additional projects as assigned, commensurate with job knowledge and experience.
- Collage Diploma or equivalent experience or training
- 1 year to 2 years of previous work experience
- Have the ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Will be required to climb ladders and stairs
Working at TRC
Our employees are our best resource! TRC ensures safety always comes first. Our commitment to safety is imperative to delivering high quality products. Our employees also enjoy 100% company paid competitive medical and dental benefits, Group Retirement Plan with employer contribution matching up to 2%, subsidized corporate gym membership with Good Life Fitness, Monday to Friday, and business casual dress code.
If you are interested in being considered for the above position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- North York, ON (Preferred)