Founded in 1964, Cascades offers sustainable, innovative and value-added packaging, hygiene and recovery solutions. The company employs 11,000 women and men across a network of over 90 facilities in North America and Europe. Driven by its participative management, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous research and development efforts, Cascades continues to provide innovative products that customers have come to rely on, while contributing to the well-being of people, communities and the entire planet. Cascades' shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CAS.
CASCADES CS+ INC.
Backed by more than 50 years of experience in industrial operations within Cascades, Cascades CS+ offers a unique array of project management and engineering services to the various Cascades units, as well as to other businesses. Its wide range of expertise allows it to offer advisory services for optimizing products and processes, managing and delivering projects, supporting energy efficiency, and refurbishing used equipment.
Work professionally as a licensed 310T technician on all equipment assigned to the truck shop to include all Hwy fleet vehicles and material handling equipment.
- Ensure all aspects of service and repair meet the required standards set by the Preventive Maintenance Program
- Ensure all service and maintenance practices meet the regulatory requirements for MTO, MOL, and the MOE, including the signing of MVIS stickers
- Plan, organize and control equipment in conjunction with the Transportation Department and Plant Facilities
- Coordinate and control scheduling of service and repair of all road and plant equipment along with lead hand
- Ensure all scheduled maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair documents are completed to include inventory part numbers as outlined by the Shop Lead hand
- Provide all necessary tools in order to complete repairs on all equipment
- Document all time keeping in ADP
- Ensure inventory levels are kept within the predetermined minimum/maximum
- Ensure all service and material purchases are in compliance with the Purchase order procedures
- Communicate to the Transportation Maintenance Manager for approval of material purchases
- Ensure all stock is recorded on work documents
- Receive stock inventory from suppliers and ensure proper allocations as outlined by Lead hand
- Follow all safe working procedures and practices prescribed by the OHSA and review all safety meeting minutes
- Ensure that the garage is in compliance with safety regulations
- Provide Lead hand with information related to safety, equipment repairs, productivity, and availability as it pertains to the safe operation
- Communication skills
- Computer Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Abilities
- Mechanical Ability/Knowledge
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and be productive in a high stress environment
- Ability to operate all fleet vehicles
- Coaching and develop Apprentice Mechanics
- Ability to work effectively with Cascades Recovery employees at all levels
- Work on all types of Cascades Recovery fleet vehicles
- Work on all types of Cascades Recovery plant equipment
- Exposure to seasonal weather
- Shop Environment
- Exposed to the elements from time to time
- Plant and/or Fleet Vehicles
- Valid 310T Truck and Coach License
- Valid G class Ontario Drivers License
- High School Education
- Clean CDL License
- Must hold a valid 310T certificate of qualification from the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the transportation industry
- Minimum 5 years experience truck / trailer maintenance
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Job Type: Full-time
- auto mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)