We are hiring during covid-19 for mobile work
No apprentices at this time. Hiring Red Seal Journeyman only
Are you looking for a fantastic career opportunity with a company who invests in its employees? Look no further; Trailcon Leasing is a leader in the transportation leasing industry and provides a fun, supportive environment to work. Coming to work every day is like coming "home". We offer a competitive compensation package with 100% employer paid benefits.
Shits available: Afternoon and Weekends
- Comprehensive Benefits 100% company paid (Medical, Dental, Vision, Health, AD&D, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- Salary is $32.50/hour + Premiums paid on afternoon shift ($2 extra)
- Lots of work, over time possible
- Stable career
- Weekend work etc
- New RRSP program
- Goodlife membership
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Mobile work
- Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing: electrical systems; landing gear assemblies and trailer frames; hitching/coupling systems; trailer bodies; suspensions systems; tires, wheels, hubs and axles; air and auxiliary systems; braking systems; heating and refrigeration systems as well as ventilation devices and hydraulic systems
- Using hand tools and various specialized diagnostic equipment to diagnose, isolate and repair faults
- Reviewing work orders and discussing work to be performed with the supervisor
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Performing scheduled maintenance service
- Advising customers on work performed, general trailer condition and future work required
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, customers and service managers
- Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications
- Keeping up-to-date on technology and upgrading skills as required
- Parts charge out accuracy is required.
- Accurately entering and updating information through the maintenance tablet in the Maintenance software system.
- May be required to operate a mobile service truck when and as required.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining all required certifications related to the trade.
- Other duties as required.
Responsibilities and authority specifically related to quality
- Ensure maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Must work in a safe and efficient manner
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Red Seal Journeyman required
Trailcon is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.50 /hour
- Trailer Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- Red Seal Journeyman (Required)