A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Reporting to the QC Supervisor, the QC Lab Technician in this position will be responsible for the analysis of raw materials and finished products, HACCP monitoring and providing support to the Packaging Department.
- Monitors adherence to GMP’s in the plant and participates in HACCP Program.
- Follows the Saputo Cheese Standard Testing Program.
- Conducts chemical and microbiological analysis on raw materials, finished goods and by- products.
- Grading of product based on documented parameters; assess product quality on packaging lines.
- Collect and analyze environmental samples through out the plant and equipment.
- Initiate and enforces: ingredient, packaging or product QC Holds when needed.
- Communicate lab results to Quality Control Supervisor and provide troubleshooting suggestions.
- Investigate customer and consumer complaints.
- Monitors temperature and chemical concentration of sanitation systems.
- Maintains and calibrates lab equipment.
- Summarize lab results and performs data entry.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely while following OH&S, WCB and Company regulations and procedures.
- Understanding of good laboratory practices, including Microbiological sampling and plating techniques.
- Food Processing, Food Science or Microbiology Related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Understanding chemical, physical and sensory properties of food products and factors affecting food quality.
- A good knowledge of aseptic sampling, micro testing and counting plates.
- Ability to read plates and interpret results.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- High level of initiative.
- Ability to work flexible work-week.
- Proficiency and dependability in current position.