Reporting directly to the Market Manager the Field Operations Manager is responsible for managing and leading field staff who deliver propane and service propane equipment within a designated geographic area. This will include all aspects for people management; recruitment, training, performance management, development and disciplinary action. The Field Operations Manager II is also accountable for operational expense management, as well as ensuring that the facilities and fleet are operated safely.
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop field staff by providing clear direction, guidance and support, in coordination with the overall strategy and objectives:
- ensure compliance in safety, training, licensing and regulatory requirements;
- collaborate with NOC to oversee day to day operations and liaison on staff scheduling and daily incidents;
- leverage systems, procedures and controls and reinforce consistent practices;
- promote and enforce exceptional customer service and foster a culture of continuous improvement;
- instill a sense of professionalism and excellence within the team;
- develop a talent pool within the team for Superior Propane’s current and future success.
- Collaborate with Delivery Coordinators to obtain feedback on day to day operations of the field team and provide feedback on scheduling. The Delivery Coordinators will adjust scheduling if needed and identify successes and/or issues (performance, attendance, safety, customer service) for the Manager Field Operations to act upon.
- Travel to various locations within the assigned geographic area to ensure that facilities and fleet operations are safe and meet (or exceed) regulatory requirements by conducting safety reviews and participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- Conduct regular communication meetings providing leadership and direction to field staff, educate on business results and the achievement of business metrics and receive feedback from field staff.
- Educate and enforce safe work practices, vehicle maintenance and care, customer service objectives and business performance.
- Oversee training and ensure that the employees are exhibiting the proper skills and competencies. Identify any gaps and coordinate and/or engage the necessary teams to facilitate training.
- Proactively manage performance, customer service and safety issues by consistently utilizing and enforcing established processes and procedures. Liaison with functional area experts as needed.
- Lead the recruitment process for new employees including interviews, completion of pre-certification processes, completion of required documentation (Staff Requisition and Employee Advice), delivery of offer letters and new employee orientation and training.
- Improve efficiency and eliminate redundancies and ensure the effective delivery of product and services to customers.
- Accountable for the operational P&L results for the area managed with an emphasis on expense management. This includes managing labour expenses, approving hours worked, over time, and submitting the bi-weekly timesheets to payroll.
- Collaborate and work directly with regional managers to deploy business initiatives and execute operational and strategic objectives.
- Represent the field and their perspective, share their concerns and successes by providing feedback to regional managers, the National Operations Centre and national office.
- High school completion with a specialized technical or business course.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a field operations and/or supervisor role.
- Previous experience in the propane industry is preferred.
- Good understanding of transportation and distribution as well as technical competence is required.
- Strong business acumen with a good financial understanding and previous P&L accountability.
- Good analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of provincial regulatory requirements with respect to propane handling.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Superior communication skills (verbal & written) and the ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to lead and manage change; to coach and mentor performance development.
- Proven track record of recognizing and providing good customer service.
- Good computer skills (Windows, Outlook, JD Edwards).
- A valid driver’s license and ability to meet travel requirements.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please apply today.
Job Type: Full-time
- Field Operations: 3 years (Required)