Bayshore Therapy and Rehab is a branch of Bayshore Home Health that works one on one with clients in the community. We work at helping our clients reach their individual rehabilitation goals and encourage positive community integration. We support clients to achieve their maximum level of independence through our rehabilitation program.
Bayshore Community Support workers work with clients who have suffered from an acquired brain injury and need support to re-establish themselves in the community and develop their life skills around the home.
- Experience working with acquired/traumatic brain injuries, developmental disabilities, or mental health in a goal based rehab setting
- Experience working with challenging behaviors or clients with unpredictable behaviors
- Understanding of cognitive deficits and ability to help plan and organize structured routines
- Experience working with substance abuse/ mental health concerns in transitional settings
- Comfortable working on exercise routines as directed by a trans disciplinary team.
- Reliable Vehicle and comfortable transporting clients in the community is a must
- Good communication skills in English and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Mental health diploma an asset
- First-aid and CPR an asset
- Non-violent crisis intervention training or equivalent an asset
- Community Support Worker diploma or equivalent is an asset