O.N. Site Construction is a fast-growing Canadian company based in Oakville, Ontario. Our success is built on a strong reputation for quality workmanship, the commitment and expertise of our team, and exceptional service to our customers. Offering a broad range of construction services to commercial clients, we lead projects across the country, from small renovations to multi-million dollar corporate builds. We specialize in general contracting, project management and design-build; with extensive expertise in financial services, hospitality and commercial construction.
We have a diverse team of construction and engineering experts that are committed to surpassing clients’ expectations on every project. We are a team that takes a collaborative approach to our work, strategically managing projects to ensure challenges are met and all work is delivered on time and within budget. We invest in the ongoing career development of our team and ensure that we take time to recognize our successes along the way.
What We Need
A Controller is needed to support the senior leadership team in their ongoing growth strategy. In this newly created position we need an experienced, hands-on Finance leader to develop and execute on financial planning and day-to-day management of finance activities. This is a build opportunity for a collaborative, self-starter that has experience with strategic planning, standardizing processes and systems to support a rapidly growing company.
What Success Looks Like for this role in the next 12-18 months
- Develop a 3 year financial plan: collaborating with senior leaders you will build and provide monthly analysis of a long-term financial plan and budget to enable proactive responses to issues and
- Improve financial reporting: you will lead short and long-term financial reporting and analysis including project specific reports for project managers and clients. You will provide financial advice on key projects including the use of labour, assets, and allocation of resources
- Streamline accounts receivables process: you will lead the full cycle of A/R activities including the review and recommendations for improvements. Working with project managers, clients and trades you will compile and submit monthly
- Effectively manage expenses: lead ongoing management of expenses for office and staff ensuring expense and A/P policies and processes are streamlined.
- Lead timely month/year end close: you will lead year and month-end close activities including regular analysis of operating results and controlling capital expenditures
- Governance and risk management: you will be exceptional at mitigating financial risk; ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, leading client, tax etc. audits and preparing reports for regulators as
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (CPA preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the construction related industry/solid experience working with contractors/sub-contractors
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and business processes. Familiarity with financial accounting statements and reporting requirements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Exceptionally well organized with strong detail orientation
- A strong technical aptitude and hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Excellent collaboration, written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead change effectively
To fit in with our team you should also;
- Be a leader – we value trustworthy professionals who share expertise and advice easily
- Enjoy a collaborative, team environment – we work together to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic – we do what it takes to ensure that our clients are always happy with our
- Be inclusive and open-minded – we have a diverse team with a variety of skills and experiences that we all learn from every day
What We Offer in Return
O.N. Site Construction offers a dynamic, inclusive, team environment, working with leading industry experts on challenging projects for Fortune 500 companies. Excellent opportunities for professional development, with competitive rewards.
We value the unique skills and experiences of each individual that applies to O.N. Site Construction and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for our team. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please let us know. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time