This is a part time role for 16 hours per week.
The Property Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of staff activities as well as hiring and training staff, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems. They will be asked to perform duties and responsibilities in the areas of corporate governance, member / tenant services, financial management, maintenance and preventative maintenance management, office and staff administration and community development.
- Work with the Board of Directors in preparing the annual Operating and Capital budgets.
- Review the monthly financial statement and board package in detail with Board Members.
- Monitor all monthly financial reports.
- Direct, supervise and maintain strong communication with all staff members.
- Ensure your staff are in compliance of all established company policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance reviews on all staff in a timely manner and provide feedback to the Human Resources Department as required.
- Conduct interviews for vacant positions.
- Ensure that the office systems and procedures are efficient and effective.
- Prepare all required reports, minutes, agendas and other Board / Member documents in a timely manner.
- Coordinate move in and out activities within the allotted time frame.
- Ensure that annual unit inspections are planned for, executed and followed up as required.
- Monitor and assist the Senior Property Manager with annual review/ contract renewal / tendering dates and processes.
- Ensure that Board packages are compiled and distributed in accordance with company policy.
- Attend Board and Member meetings as required.
- Review weekly building inspection reports and ensure follow-ups are conducted.
- Review all outstanding legal cases / claims.
- Review and follow up on all outstanding work orders with staff.
- Review all arrears and vacancy reports with staff.
- Inspect all buildings including organization and cleanliness of all work areas.
Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance Management
- Ensure that the preventative maintenance plan adhered to and up to date at all times.
- Carry out regular property inspections and take corrective action as required.
- Plan and schedule maintenance work with contractors.
Performance will primarily be measured on the following factors:
- Performance Objectives & Targets
- Customer Service and Inter-Personal Skills
- Leadership and Public Speaking
- Project and People Management
- Attendance, Punctuality and dependability
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Internal Co-op / Non-Profit “political awareness”
Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Institute of Housing Management Certification (IHM) recommended
Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
Must possess superior budgetary and decision making ability
Must possess excellent quality management skills
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must be able to provide leadership to staff
Must have a valid class “G” driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Minimum of two years industry experience or equivalent management experience