Who we are:
Hammerberg Lawyers LLP is a vibrant and well-respected law firm celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year. Home to one of the largest groups of Personal Injury lawyers under one roof in BC, our Real Estate Law, Business Law and Personal Injury divisions are led by some of the most knowledgeable lawyers in their fields. In addition, we provide recognized expertise in Wills, Estate Planning and Trusts, Estate Litigation and Civil Litigation, as well as Alternative Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management.
We are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, 2019.
We are also delighted to have been voted Best Local Employer runner-up in the Georgia Straight’s 24th Annual BestOfVan awards, 2019.
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) to support our Estate Litigation team.
This role is responsible for:
- Managing the overall operations of files (i.e. file openings, maintenance and closings)
- Producing legal documents including preliminary drafting of correspondence
- Interacting with clients, insurance adjusters, opposing counsels, medical practitioners, etc.
- Support the management of client care
- Being available to any other needs that the Lawyer may have
Who you are:
You are a passionate individual who is committed to providing our clients with the best possible experience. Additionally, you have:
- Worked a minimum of 3 years as an LAA in a busy litigation practice;
- A solid understanding of legal procedures and documentation with the ability to diarize dates independently
- A super organized routine and a knack for prioritizing and not missing deadlines
- A natural ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player spirit (but you also need your independence)
What we offer:
- A welcoming atmosphere with social events throughout the year – yes, we like to have fun at work
- A competitive annual salary with a discretionary bonus
- 3 weeks of vacation and a comprehensive benefits package with a health care spending account
- A committed investment in your personal development always encouraging you to continue to grow
- Support towards your career development through tuition reimbursement of post secondary courses related to your role
- A great gym facility completely free of charge
- Great amenities at close proximity to our office, including a daycare located in the same complex
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter by November 30, 2019. We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Legal Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Estate Litigation: 3 years (Preferred)