New Directions Aromatics Inc. is a leading wholesale supplier with over 800 products and has become a preferred supplier of many leading brand-name manufacturers, as well as start-up companies.
We are currently looking for a Lab Assistant who has strong analytical abilities and is able to efficiently perform various tasks to support the laboratory technical staff, including Collecting retain samples, Preparation of samples for testing and the Maintenance of QA/QC records. The successful candidate will be reporting to Senior Laboratory Personnel.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive and process samples to identify suitability
- Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment
- Classify and label samples accurately and distribute them to the appropriate department
- Perform quality control as directed by the regulatory coordinator
- Prepare and maintain accurate retain logs and other laboratory records
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies
- Support senior laboratory staffs when needed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Must have a proactive working style with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Must display a positive, friendly attitude with a genuine interest in contributing within a team-driven environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion.
- Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory records.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Criminal record check
- Confidential security clearance
Please note we appreciate all applications, however only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour