Millwright Production Planner
CMI Heavy Industries – CMI has been operating and employing skill tradesmen such as machinists, welders, and millwrights since 1922. We are a progressive custom manufacturing facility that understands the importance of having successful, satisfied, and happy employees with a balanced work/family life. We at CMI strive for excellence and product reliability which in turn provides our employees will job security for decades to come. We are looking for additional skilled tradesman to join our team/family to begin a long lasting satisfying career with us.
Responsible to the Director of Operations, Manager of Planning and Production and Project Managers for efficient operation of all Millwrights, Millwright apprentices, Sand Blasters and Painters and keeping the Manager of Planning and Production informed as required.
Responsible for the planning for and maintaining of plant infrastructure and maintaining a high level of Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
Works with the quality manger to ensure that the quality checks are verified at each stage of Disassembly and Assemble. Ensure that all health and safety policies and procedures are followed. Maintains high plant morale through recognition of jobs well done.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to, within the plant environment, according to company requirements and the occupational health and safety act.
- Follow company processes and procedures
- Lead daily morning Assembly/Maintenance Team huddle
- Use and maintain production control boards as it pertains to area of supervision
- Attend daily Kanban meetings with the pertinent daily information acquired from the production control boards and morning huddles
- Plans and directs all subordinate employee activities, including employee time keeping
- Plans personnel requirements for current plant workloads as needed
- Arrives to work prior to other Millwrights or ensures that all Millwrights have sufficient written instruction to carry out scheduled tasks.
- Must always be available to be contacted by any employee if there are questions about any production process, even on weekend shifts.
- Oversees and responsible for all Millwrighting process (setups, tooling, rentals, processes dimensional fit ups…etc.) to improve efficiency, profitability and quality while reducing possibilities of non-conformances.
- Responsible for the disciplinary reprimands of employees disregarding instruction, plant policies or procedures and health and safety
- Oversees training and teaching of new plant hires and apprentices.
- Millwright duties as required
- Other duties as required
Customer Job Duties
- Conducts the assembly planning process of jobs as described by company policy.
- Conducts risk analysis of travellers and raises concerns
- Ensures completeness of information on travellers.
- Insures that all instructions are clear and necessary sub trades, outside services, and items are planned/ready/scheduled (Ex. tools, parts, rental equipment, lifting apparatus, seals, bearing, greases, oils…etc) prior to commencement of work.
- Monitors employee daily work to ensure that all work orders are carried out according to the specifications Job Travelers
- Collaborates with Project Managers to troubleshoot problems foreseen/unforeseen.
- Responsible for ensuring routing line times, production schedules and deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and policies
- Ensures all maintenance is conducted using a unique Job, routing, & Job traveler for all machine repair
- Ensure all machines are repaired back to OEM status
- Non-OEM repairs must be approved by the Director of Operations.
- Sources from vendors all repair and service needs in regards to plant maintenance. Submits information to be ordered to secretary.
- Immediately inform Plant Supervisor and fellow team leader if breakdown or maintenance affects production
- Issues verbal emergency orders upon approval of the Director of Operations, Director of Finance or the Manager of Planning and Production
- Director of Finance or the Manager of Planning and Production
- Schedule machine shutdown maintenance in conjunction with the Manager of Planning and Production
- Ensure machinery is functioning as designed
- 5 + years experience in a Millwrighting shop position
- Millwright Certificate is an asset
- Ability to read and fully comprehend complicated drawings and blueprints
- Familiarity with technical requirements
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Must appreciate and acknowledge working responsibilities and authorities within the organization.
- Be familiar with ISO 9001 documentation requirements
- Be familiar with the Health and Safety Rules and Regulations
Job Type: Full-time