The BD Manager is responsible for developing, managing and conducting business development activities within the Oilsands and Midstream O&G area within Alberta. This position will also work to promote and identify opportunities for Almita’s project teams. This includes such activities as generating leads, qualifying clients and tracking progress of projects.
- Accountable for achieving AB Oilsands and Midstream portfolio revenue generation targets in Alberta.
- Provide support in the development of regional sales and marketing strategies, and materials to effectively sell the benefits of partnering with Almita.
- Establish strong internal relationships, and processes to ensure the operation will be resourced effectively to support sales and customer service expectations.
- Target key customers and municipal regulatory bodies with the objective of elevating the industry standard for helical, driven, sheet and micro piles.
- Identify, and participate in industry events such as conferences and tradeshows that assist in growing the Oilsands and Midstream markets.
- Assist in the development of strategic sales plan for the region.
- Maintain a cadence of updating Amita’s CRM with current client information.
- Provide recommendations to enhance marketing strategy, and assist in the implementation.
- Identify key general contractors, and engineering firms and develop a strategy to generate revenue.
- Develop a plan to educate geotechnical, engineering firms, and owner operators on helical pile applications and influence the use of Almita piles.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in sales with a proven track record of success in large Oilsands sales.
- Experience in consultative sales in the designated market segment and/or industry.
- Knowledge of costing and estimation best practices from the construction industry.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRM systems.
- Able to travel up to 50%, including visits to project sites.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Self-initiated, highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Creative thinker who can take initiative and is capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results.
- Collaborative team player with strong influencing skills, who can build relationships across various stakeholder groups to support and move initiatives forward.
- Entrepreneurial motivated individual.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)