Aer Rianta International, or ARI as we are known today, is one of the world’s longest-established and most successful travel retail companies. Thanks to our unique combination of commercial expertise, innovative culture and partnership approach, we are one of the largest and most significant players in the global travel retail industry today. ARI designs, manages and operates duty free and duty paid airport retail outlets in Europe, Asia and the Americas. We employ over 3,500 people worldwide.
Do you want to work for a global travel retailer where your ideas, actions and interactions make a real difference? We are looking for innovative people to shape ARI’s future, building on our core strengths in delivering customer-led, bespoke retail offers.
3 Department Manager positions open
Aer Rianta is one of the major international airport Duty Free Boutiques Operator. We continuously have positions open in different areas: cosmetics, sales, purchasing, finance, warehouse etc. You name it, we’re hiring!
The Loop Duty Free is currently seeking a Department Manager in our stores at the Montreal- Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport. We are looking for innovative people to shape ARI’s future, building on our core strengths in delivering customer-led, bespoke retail offers. The Department Manager will serve as a key member of the North American team and will play a significant role in driving our retail operations. We want you to take the reins of management and help train the next generation of retail newbies.
Your day will look like this:
- Provide ongoing selling skills coaching and development based on each staff member's individual strengths and weaknesses in order to achieve their personal sales goals.
- Drive sales versus budget and last year’s performance for specific category, capture rate and average transaction value (ATV).
- Monitor sales densities to ensure return on space is profitable.
- Maintain stock loss results below 0.4%, including maintaining write offs and damaged stock to a minimum by regularly monitoring.
- Ensure highest shop floor and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Monitor staff turnover and absence rates.
- Manage effectively brands through regular meetings with company representatives.
Do you have what it takes?
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a retail store with multiple departments
- 2-3 years’ experience managing people in a retail store
- Successful in delivering improvement or efficiency programs in a retail environment
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and French)
What we will do for you!
Full medical insurance
Looking out for your future:
Benefit from our generous retirement plan
Discount on purchases made at The Loop Duty Free!
Easily accessible by public transport and free parking
Need someone to talk to? Speak to a counselor through our Employee Aid Program
Take note that the use of the masculine gender in this document includes both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and is employed solely for conciseness purposes.