We are looking to hire a licensed auto body technician to supervise our growing repair facility in Kitchener. Our facility gives the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles; motor coaches, RV trailers, motor homes, tractor trailers and passenger vehicles. The ideal candidate must be licensed with a minimum of 5 years-experience and definitely a TEAM player.
Candidates with knowledge of, fiberglass repair, fabrication, welding, estimating and painting are preferred.
Duties and Tasks
- Overseeing and supervising autobody repair department
- Ensuring high level of productivity
- Train and mentor apprentices
- Schedule daily production and monitor progress
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, product quality, and safety standards
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of auto body repair techniques and safe operating procedures
- Review damage reports and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
- Operate welding equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place.
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting.
- Mix paint, blend and match colors.
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
- Trade certification – 310B
- 5 years-experience as an Auto Body Repair Technician preferred
- Possess a valid drivers' license
- Proven abilities in automotive body repairs
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead and mentor
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.\
- Able to physically perform the duties and task
- Shift - Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Boot allowance
- Group Benefits
- Positive team environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent