Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally.
Audiologist - Audiology (Temporary Full-Time)
The Audiologist is responsible for providing a complete range of audiological procedures to individuals of all ages to assess and treat peripheral and central auditory disorders. These services are provided through the Audiology Program and through the Hearing Aid Dispensary, which is a revenue generating program. The audiologist may be assigned to work at the home site of Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre on Glenridge Avenue and also at satellite clinics in the community.
Our ideal candidate:
- Must possess skills to use the following: audiometer, middle ear analyzer, auditory evoked potential equipment; otoacoustic emission equipment; hearing aid analyzer; real ear measurement; computer programming and software for various hearing aid manufacturers.
- Must be customer service oriented, including providing quotations for hearing aids, troubleshooting hearing aids, and dealing with individuals quickly and efficiently.
- Must display organizational, interpersonal, communication, leadership, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must possess English language verbal communication skills sufficient to understand and communicate detailed instructions, directions and procedures clearly to clients, clients’ family members, staff and other members of the health care team.
- Must possess English language literacy skills sufficient to complete and review patient assessment and treatment documentation and to read and study reports, articles, journals, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with infants, children, adults, and seniors.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Master’s degree in Audiology required.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Full membership status is preferred in either SAC, CAA or OSLA.
- Must be registered as a hearing aid authorizer and dispenser through the Assistive Devices Program.
- Infant Hearing Program (IHP) certification would be an asset.
- French language communication skills an asset.
If you are interested in serving our community in an environment of holistic and compassionate care and would like to join our team, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter.
Mail: Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Email: recruit @ hoteldieushaver.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $38.63 to $49.23 /hour