Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for an energetic, motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude to bring their skills and experience to the P&H Milling Group, the largest Canadian owned-milling company.
A Great Career Move
This position offers exceptional opportunities to grow your professional career while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
The P&H Milling Group sources wheats from Western Canada, Ontario and Quebec and Atlantic Canada to produce quality flour and other cereal products. The P&H Milling Group supplies flour throughout Canada, the U.S., the Caribbean, the Middle East, Iceland and Pacific Rim Countries.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
Reporting to the Vice President of National Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all departments operate efficiently on day to day operations, with particular attention to health & safety, quality, and maintaining strong relationships with our employees and customers.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Ensure the flour mill runs at high level of performance with top quality finished product
- Responsible for managing the overall daily production
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to, training on various Health & Safety policies is conducted and working closely with the Health and Safety Committee
- Directly supervises all department supervisors and managers
- Ensure full compliance with HACCP/BRC and customer quality requirements and audits
- Work with sales staff on new products
- Follow up on customer concerns
- Ensure positive communications and relationships with employees.
- Enforce a high level of sanitation and housekeeping throughout the plant and premises
- Ensure capital improvements and projects are developed and completed
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- University degree in business or related area is required
- Completion of IAOM and/or NABIM Flour Milling course is an asset
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with proven ability to coach and develop employees.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working and dealing with a unionized work force.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
Powered by JazzHR