Inspects, maintains and repairs PHTS vehicles, mobile heavy equipment. Performs welding, lubrication, required preventive maintenance and field repair duties on all equipment as assigned. Identifies all mechanical components in need of repair to prevent mechanical breakdowns. Recommends improvements as appropriate. Completes annual safety inspections and repairs in accordance with MTO regulations. Complies with company policies, practices and procedures regarding health and safety and human rights. Treats everyone, including customers and co-workers with respect. Reports health and safety breaches to supervisor immediately.
- Operates and inspects vehicles and other equipment to identify equipment defects, malfunctions and failures. Repairs and replaces damaged and worn parts. Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures to ensure a safe and compliant work environment.
- Reports defects and damage to supervisor. Tests and makes adjustments to mechanical components and equipment after repairs or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer specifications and company safety standards.
- Uses a number of sophisticated tools including electrical, hydraulic and engine testing and diagnostic equipment, welding torches, jacks, hoists and hand tools (ie wrenches). Uses computer systems to help diagnose the cause of some problems with heavy equipment. Completes safety maintenance checks on equipment used, in accordance with manufacturer's directions and company practices and procedures.
- Lubricates equipment and performs preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer specifications. Documents repairs and refurbishments. Communicates with supervisor regarding parts and repair orders. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Min. valid Class G driver license.
- Able and willing to perform maintenance duties at elevated heights, read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics, develop work steps required to maintain and repair transportation vehicles.
- Must be willing to undertake company required training such as Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW), fork lift truck certification, overhead crane certification
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and team player attitude.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Basic computer skills.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- Truck and Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification (310T mechanic's license).
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Heavy truck and trailer maintenance.
PHTS Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- heavy truck and trailer maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
- 310T Mechanic's (Required)