West Pointe Building Services – Calgary, AB
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Project Managerto prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
- Review and understand with the job scope, contents of estimate, and intended schedules with Estimator;
- Review design options to understand the costs, quality and availability of materials;
- Respond to all RFI’s;
- Business Development Sales including estimating;
- Attend customer meetings & maintain general networking
- Support the Project Manager on all on-going projects, preconstruction of projects and close outs;
- Prepare project files and document submittals;
- Coordinate pre-start up meetings with client representative and all trades involved;
- Understand and assist in planning and executing work procedures; scheduling, managing and maintaining projects and budgets, work with operations to help coordinate various phases of construction to prevent delays;
- Assist Operations with change orders to ensure additional work is properly completed;
- Provide comprehensive project coordination throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Visit construction sites to help Operations monitor the project progress;
- Attend client construction meetings both in new construction of Generals as well as construction meetings with consultants and owners of direct to owner projects;
- Monitor project progress, update project information, assist in ordering materials for ongoing projects, coordinate components for projects and meet with suppliers and clients;
- Manage customer experience with various project issues;
- Assist accounts receivable clerk collections with customers;
- Close communication and reconciliation of field data along with the Project Manager;
- Prepare all the necessary closeout documentation such final walk through inspection sign off, warranty certificates, etc.;
- Ensure all project deficiency is addressed prior to closing of the project.
- Administration of Work Orders and Dispatch respective crews
Skills and Training
- Minimum 5 years-experience in the commercial construction industry within the coordination/ administration of projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other related systems
- Basic Plan Swift or equal digitizing programs
- Basic AutoCAD
- Basic estimating skills
Experience and Expectations
- Proficient and familiar with building envelopes & commercial roofing systems
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract
- Own Transportation is a must
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.).
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Hazards associated with the construction industry.
West Pointe is the premier roofing company within the industry and aims to deliver the highest quality and customer service in the commercial roofing and building envelope services industry. We deliver reliable roofing systems and services attending to the life cycle costing, technical support, education of the envelope of each project and lives to the terms and conditions of all warranted systems and beyond.
Why West Pointe
West Pointe’s main goal is to help organizations achieve success. That is why we go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment to our customers, ensure the safety of our employees, and protect our communities with the highest degree of integrity and enthusiasm. We are committed to sustainable and ethical growth where you can contribute in a meaningful way.
Start your career at one of Alberta’s leading companies. We are looking for people who have the best to offer and provides the same in return. We offer competitive and comprehensive compensation wages, an industry leading benefits package, tuition re-imbursements, and health & wellness programs.
West Pointe Building Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- General Construction: 2 years (Preferred)