Cornerstone is looking for a full time Set Up Supervisor to join our busy team. This is a hands on role that involves face to face contact with our wedding couples, working alongside our sales team to ensure our couples vision is complete and working with and supervising a small but great set up team.
This role is split 2-3 days at the Canmore Nordic Centre (as a priority) and 2-3 at Cornerstone Theatre to work a 5 day week.
Immediately to end October 2019
full time (30 hours)
- Assisting the Sales Team, General Manager and Events Manager with the following:
- Responsible for meeting with wedding couples and coordinating their wedding décor (alongside the Sales Team)
- Responsible for the set-up of the theatre on Supervisor’s days off and all set up at the Canmore Nordic Centre. This includes but is not limited to; coordinating with set up staff, setting up outside décor as instructed by the client, ensuring bathrooms are clean and stocked and buffet is set up
- Responsible for the set-up of outdoor ceremonies booked at the theatre on Supervisors days off and all ceremonies at the Canmore Nordic Centre, including but not limited to; ensuring chairs are transported, set up and take down of folding chairs within the timeframe, set up of couple’s décor.
- Ensuring your Pack Down List is accurate and detailed to ensure the evening staff can perform their role effectively.
- Scheduling the Canmore Nordic Centre team using 7-shifts
- Answering emails
- Any other duties as and when required.
Skills & Experience
- Must be a great team player
- Attention to detail is extremely important
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Must be able to problem solve independently and make decisions quickly
- Cornerstone provides exceptionally high customer service levels, therefore a proven customer service background is essential
- Any event/wedding set up experience is an asset although training will be provided
- Supervisory experience is an asset (1 year)
- Must have an interest in the wedding industry
- Must be physically fit
- Must be able to stand for long period of time and able to lift 30lbs
- Must have a valid Albertan driving licence (own car an asset)
- Must legally be able to work in Canada
Job Type: Contract