At Rainbow Day Care we truly believe that our children are our future and our program focuses on putting our future first. Our curriculum and programming reflects leading research and practices designed to provide an optimal environment for all children's learning and development. We are looking for energetic, fun-loving, nurturing, dedicated Assistant Director to join our team!
We are an accredited centre and have served Edmontonians for over 30 years.
The successful candidate must be passionate, knowledgeable and experienced in Alberta's Early Learning and Care Framework, Flight. The Assistant Director will help manage a holistic centre with the highest standards of excellence that provides optimum growth and development of young children. She/he must possess excellent communication skills, up-to-date knowledge of all regulations pertaining to childcare delivery in the province of Alberta and an established rapport with the government agencies, community stakeholders, and post secondary institutions.
· The Assistant Program Director will report to the Program Director.
· Ensure Provincial Licensing Regulations and accreditation requirements and best practice are followed by program.
· Participate in childcare advisory groups.
· Ensure guidelines in place by all regulatory bodies, including the Fire Dept., Alberta Health, Children Services, and AELCS are followed by all staff.
· Represent Rainbow Day Care in the community.
· Staying current with research and emerging best practices in Early Childhood as recommended by Alberta Children Services, AELCS or other relevant authorities.
· Must be knowledgeable in using technology for program administrative functions.
· Understanding the philosophy, mission and goals of the centre.
· Collaborating with the owners, managers and director to design the curriculum to enrich the children’s learning.
· Providing and maintaining a safe and nurturing indoor and outdoor environment with meaningful learning spaces
· Training staff to observe and document children’s development and interests for planning and documentation purposes.
· Oversee implementation of Flight throughout the program.
· Ensure relationships with families are supportive and respectful.
· Ensure that the playroom environments support quality interactions, relationships between children, educators and families.
· Ensure that educators respond to the needs and concerns of children, their families, and other stakeholders.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
· Training new and current educators on all aspects of Flight.
· Establishing positive working relationships with a team of educators.
· Support educators in playrooms by role modelling and giving examples of what is expected at a level they understand.
· Observing, mentoring and supporting educators.
· Organize workshops, seminars, in-house workshops, or other professional development for staff.
Qualifications, skills, experiences and attributes
· Certification as a Child Development Supervisor (level 3) in the Province of Alberta.
· Five years minimum experience in a play-based childcare setting; three years as an Assistant Director of a licensed childcare program practicing Flight.
· Knowledge of Alberta Child Care Regulations and AELCS best practices required for the delivery of the program.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent