SUMMARY: Shippers is responsible for sending, accepting and recording the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from the yard and the store. Other companies may refer to this job as Shipper/Receiver, Shipping Supervisor, Shipping Coordinator, or Logistics Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but not limited to:
- Organize shipment and prepare bills, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Track processing of orders, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions as well as tracking costs
- Coordinate and efficiently utilize a fleet of company and contracted trucks
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks, etc.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems using computer delivery system.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Know safe storage and handling procedures for various materials.
- Negotiate through shipping issues and customer complaints that arise
- Contact carrier representative to obtain quotes, make arrangements, and to issue documentations and instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Resolve discrepancies between orders and goods, such as delays, condition, weight, quality, etc.
- Order shipping supplies as required
- Perform general housekeeping tasks within the shipping area
- Perform general duties, and other tasks as required
- Problem-solving skills,
- Decision making ability,
- Organisational skills,
- Procedural mindset,
- Ability to prioritize,
- Understanding of quality management principles,
- Attention to detail,
- Ability to analyse data and understand logistics,
- Talent for recognizing the opportunities for process improvement in shipping department,
- Management ability, and
- Experience in a lumber industry preferred
BENEFITS (including but not limited to):
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health, Dental, Group Life Insurance (once 3-month probation has been completed)
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan and RRSP Deduction Plan (after 12 months FT employment)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Shipping: 1 year (Preferred)