Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
Work Model: Hybrid.
The work location for this role is flexible to Burlington, Mississauga, Guelph, Moncton and Regina.
This is a 12 month temporary/contract position.
Our Information Technology team aspires to be a leader in applying technology to power business strategies. We connect concepts with solutions to create value and efficiencies for our clients, employees, and communities. Our success is driven by our skilled and diverse team who are passionate about excellence, innovation, and agility. The Technical Support team monitors and responds to problem tickets created by first level Help Desk support. These tickets include hardware and software problems reported by a large group of users across multiple geographic locations. The Technical Support Analyst uses problem determination tools and techniques to resolve incidents of small to medium complexity, documents solutions, and may also participate in installations and project work. The Technical Support Analyst is the second of four progressive levels in Technical Support, based on increased complexity of investigation, project work, research, and documentation on new resolutions, along with accompanying required experience.
Technologies you have experience with:
- You have experience using and troubleshooting Windows 10, as well as preferably experience using and troubleshooting OSX/macOS.
- You have experience writing basic scripts in Powershell to help automate routine/repetitive tasks.
- You have prior experience using remote-connectivity tools to provide end-user support.
What you’re responsible for:
- Proactively monitor server and workstation alerts and reference established documentation to resolve the issue.
- Respond to second level (i.e. Tier 2) problem tickets that have been escalated by the first level Help Desk or other areas.
- Diagnose, analyze and resolve problems and issues of small to medium complexity for desktop, mobile, network and/or server environment by referencing existing documentation or knowledge gained from previous work experience.
- Escalate more complex issues to more senior Technical Support staff.
- Provide advice to end users on technical matters.
- Create and maintain knowledge articles for new and existing known errors utilizing standard enterprise tools and processes.
- Create documentation and training material to train others on new solutions.
- May provide remote or on-site implementation support with hardware and/or software installation, including unattended software releases, individual orders, new LAN attached devices, and/or new office openings/moves.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- Rotational shifts outside of standard business hours.
- You are required to work on a rotational on-call schedule.
- Ability to lift or move up to 15lbs is required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate
To be successful:
- You influence change and are committed to continuous improvement, in order to exceed client expectations.
- You leverage critical thinking skills to identify problems and proactively propose solutions.
- Your strong communication skills allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You’re an effective team player who shares knowledge to support your peers.
To join our team:
- Some post-secondary or industry equivalent technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years work technical support experience in a large professional organization with 2,000+ staff.
- Solid knowledge of hardware and software in a multi-platform environment (i.e. servers, desktops, laptops, printers).
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent