At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford is currently growing and evolving in a dynamic way and the Information Technology Department is seeking a hard-working, self-motivated IT Support student for a four month Co-op position from May to August 2020. In this customer service orientated role you will deliver outstanding support by providing problem-solving assistance on IT desktop and office equipment support to staff. You will troubleshoot a variety of PC issues, provide installation of various hardware, and resolve or refer problems to appropriate staff.
Job duties may include:
- Working with customers in person, via e-mail, and over the phone in a professional and courteous manner;
- Creating, managing and closing request tickets;
- Imaging computers and installing software;
- Installation of hardware including monitors, keyboards, mice, hard drives, and memory;
- Troubleshooting PC issues in person or via remote connection software;
- Driving to our remote facilities to support IT equipment;
- Office moves – moving PCs, monitors and desk phones;
- Cable management, tidying up cables;
- Setup/take down of training computers;
- Investigating and resolving issues with printing.
The rate of pay for this position is as follows:
- Currently enrolled in and completed 1st year in a cooperative education program at a post-secondary institution in Computer Information Systems and returning to school full-time in the subsequent academic year;
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with others;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to make good decisions regarding priorities in a fast paced work environment;
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot PCs, laptops and tablets running Windows 7 and Windows 10;
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve connectivity issues in a LAN environment including Wi-Fi;
- Some working knowledge of software including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products an asset;
- Knowledge of Apple iPads and iPhones would be beneficial;
- Valid class 5 BC driver’s license required.
- 2nd year student $18.43 per hour
- 3rd year student $19.90 per hour
- 4th year student $21.65 per hour
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be; we want to hear from you.
February 16, 2020