Southport Aerospace Centre – Southport, MB
Canada Catering Co. Limited.
Canada Catering Co Ltd, a company under the Brown’s umbrella, proudly provides food service to various locations, including Southport, MB, which is just 3 kilometers south of Portage la Prairie and only a short 60-minute drive from Winnipeg.
Brown’s is a true Canadian business success story that was founded in Kingston, ON by James Brown Sr., as a dairy operation in the late 1920’s. Today, Brown’s is a comprehensive Dining Service Provider with a successful track record in Dining Operations, Residential Dining, Catering and Special Events, Educational, Retirement and Recreational Facilities. Our market extends across Canada. Our 1200+ staff is presently responsible for providing quality service to over 250,000 customers per day.
- Following cycle menus, cook, food prep, and prepare ethnically diverse meals in a well-equipped, clean industrial kitchen
- Be flexible and adapt to change in numbers, products, and serving venues (banquet, full-service meals, dispersed meals, and service from steam table
- Receiving orders, storing, cleaning-as-you-go
- Compliance to H&S program, quality assurance procedures and WHMIS regulations
- Must have Journeyperson’s qualification OR a community college diploma in cooking (must provide copy when applying)
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a kitchen
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- General physical wellness, and ability to stand, lift, move, etc.
- Successful Police Check
- Bilingual status warrants $0.50 more per hour
- Medical Benefits
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Vacation
Job Type: Full-time
- Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)