Position: IT & Systems Administrator
Hours: Monday – Friday, regular office hours (may be flexible)
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Coquitlam Head Office
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar Restorations is a proud Canadian company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring their homes or businesses after flood, fire or storm damage. We have branches in Coquitlam, Surrey (Port Kells), Abbotsford, Whistler and Vancouver. We offer a friendly work environment, generous health & dental benefits, RRSP-matching as well as opportunities for advancement. Once we take care of our customers, we know how to celebrate our successes: from Popcorn Fridays, LobsterFest each September, quarterly pancake & bacon breakfasts, to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar takes care of their employees too!
- Competitive wage & Extended Health & Dental Benefits for you and your family
- Industry-related Tuition Reimbursement (50% - 100% of tuition costs)
- Employer-matched RRSP Plan (the longer you’re with us, the more we will contribute for you)
- Fantastic friendly work culture
We are looking to add a driven, accountable and collaborative IT & Systems Administrator to our team! Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development and implementation of information systems and software applications at Canstar Restorations. This is a multifaceted position; you will need to roll up your sleeves to work directly with end-users, and engage in hardware and systems visioning with the leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of on premise and cloud applications and servers
- Optimize connectivity to branch offices
- General enterprise and application level support including management of licensing
- Administration, management and support of mobile hardware
- Maintain Company global address directory and distribution lists
- Administrating end-user telephony devices and associated voicemail accounts
- Diligently execute company policies on security and privacy
- User software support for Windows, Office, line of business applications, mobile devices and cloud applications;
- Management, purchase and setup of company assets such as printers, laptops, etc.
- Implement and manage a ticketing system and knowledge base to ensure end-user requests are handled efficiently and effectively
- Review technology options and participate in developing business plans to support business needs
- Prepare budgets for hardware maintenance, upgrades, software licensing and support agreements
- Develop user reports for different software systems including Power Pivot and Power BI
- Actively engage users when they report issues and notify users upon resolution.
- Be aware of service interruptions and follow up closely until resolution.
- Strive to maximize the performance and reliability of the production systems
- Work independently with minimal supervision or support
- Other related IT services, as required.
- Experience with Azure, administering cloud applications and virtualization
- Experience with wired and wireless networks
- Working level knowledge of Databases & SQL, capable of executing basic queries
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and other commonly used network protocols and services
- Familiarity with data-centre equipment configuration
- Mid-level ERP (i.e. NetSuite, MS Dynamics 365, etc.) Support Experience
- Understanding of O365, SharePoint, OneDrive & Exchange, Administering Active Directory
- Personal vehicle and driver’s license. Travel to all branches is required. (mileage provided)
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with ERPor large scale systems implementation support
- Experience with CRM
- Degree or Diploma in a computer-related field (Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent)
- Minimum three years technical and systems management experience required
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- The passion to learn, share knowledge, and grow
If you’re looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, please send us your resume today!
Applicants: Due to the volume of applications, only qualified and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent