Summary of Position:
The Reservations Manager is responsible in assisting the Director of Revenue with the daily operations and supervision of the reservations department. In the Director of Revenue’s absence, the Reservations Manager takes full responsibility of the reservations department
- Represents Inn at Laurel Point at all times as an “Elegant, Pacific Rim Inspired waterfront inn where memories are created”
- Demonstrates & ensures that guest service standards are met and exceeded within the reservations department
- Demonstrates & ensures that selling philosophies are clearly understood by all reservations agents
- Demonstrates & ensures that proper selling steps and scripting are being used on all reservations calls
- Organizes and oversees all reports and extra duties that are to be performed by other agents, revising checklists & forms when necessary (sample Reports: country/city stats, package stats, source of business, FIT pickup)
- Performance manages colleagues, including coaching and disciplining, and resolves any colleague issues
- Ensures colleagues are complying with policies and procedures, and safety standards, and communicates any deviances to the Director of Revenue
- Responsible for overseeing training of both new team members in the reservations department and new team members cross-training from other departments. Ensures training checklist and New Hire Health & Safety form is completed
- Assists in the development of department policies & procedures
- Ensures that all callers are handled in an professional manner and that call wait times are kept to a minimum
- Timely investigation and follow up of guest concerns applicable to a reservation or the processing of reservations
- Plans agenda and leads monthly department meetings & covers Health & Safety component
- Books Friends & Family rates
- Prepares travel agent commissions and any other correspondence
- Pickup overflow Reservations calls as required
- General office upkeep, filing and organization. Any other general duties deemed from time to time
Responsibilities with Conference and Groups:
- Is the single contact for all group/conference rooming lists. Point of contact for meeting planners who need assistance with the rooming list (rooms only)
- Maintains group blocks and stays in constant communication with the client (rooms only) or the Event Manager (group with events) at specific key intervals about strength of pick up and cutoff dates and any other details that might need to be addressed. Ensures prepayment is collected for groups without credit
- Ensures notes and activities are completed and current
- Prepares and attends pre-convention meetings as the point person for Reservations when required
- Ensures client has signed off on billing instructions and final rooming list prior to arrival (rooms only)
- Ensures group resume (rooms only) and notes on reservations reflect any pertinent information for successful stay
- Builds and maintains Group Masters as required
- Builds, monitors blocks, rooming lists and payment for Paul’s Motor Inn blocks
Assistant to Director of Revenue:
- Gathers, tracks, and conducts preliminary analysis of data and reporting for Director of Revenue
- Builds rates and inventory as necessary in Opera, RoomKey, iHotelier, OTAs and assists in maintaining interfaces
- Accurately manages current inventory & rates in all online channels
- Assists in assessing rate decisions made by IDeaS Revenue Management Software
- Assists Paul’s Motor Inn with rate building, maintaining blackouts, and setting up blocks for Sales
- Previous Hotel Reservations and/or Front Office experience required
- Proven leadership and managerial skills supporting an environment of colleague growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service required
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A resourceful personality
- Proven ability to lead and motivate colleagues
- Understands the importance of creating a fun and rewarding work environment
- College diploma/University degree in related discipline an asset
- Knowledge of Opera and RoomKey Property Management Systems an asset
- Knowledge of IDeaS Revenue Management Software an asset
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Must be able to embrace the 4 core values of the Inn at Laurel Point: Excellence, Respect, Curiosity and StewardshipReports To: Director of Revenue
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package: BC Medical, extended healthcare & life insurance, critical illness insurance, employer-sponsored RRSP contribution plan
- A fun & friendly workplace culture that embraces diversityBest staff meal in town and by the way, it’s free!
- Complimentary parking on non-restricted days during the off-season
- Aura Waterfront Restaurant + Patio staff discount – 50%
- Friends & Family hotel discount (so you can show off your amazing workplace)
- Candidate referral bonus - $300
- Industry discount
- Leader of the month recognition program Workshops
- Skill and advancement training programs
We won’t give you a job. We’ll give you a lifestyle.
- Do you strive for excellence? It's one of our benchmarks - in relationship, fair business practice and in the standards we uphold.
- Do you uphold respect? Respect for guests and colleagues is paramount. It's our foundation for learning and growing.
- Are you curious? Seeking to understand and challenge conventional thinking allows us all to find new ways to succeed.
- Are you responsible? As stewards and caretakers, we aim to leave a legacy of independence, innovation and responsibility in all we do.
We're looking for people who want a career that defines who they are. Because this is not just a job. It's an expression of your values and ours. We're more chameleons than corporate. More approachable than distant. Yet we're always professional and 100% committed.
We also value innovation. We want people who prefer to count on their inner resources and flexibility over rigid policies and procedures. And in return, we'll treat you as we do our guests: with sincerity, an open mind and respect.
This is a company for real people. Interesting people. People in search of a place to stay and make a difference.
If that's you, let us know.
Thank you for considering Inn at Laurel Point as your employer of choice!
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent