Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Unit Clerk II (ICU1914)
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Unit Clerk II Acts as receptionist and performs clerical duties including but not limited to data entry as related to ANSOS and CCIS; maintains statistical information for various patient care areas within theHealth Services. The unit clerk participates in the flow of patients in and out of the unit.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent educational preparation required.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Previous Unit Clerk II experience preferred
- Related clerical healthcare experience an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficient computer skills, expert in the use of Powerchart, ANSOS, SAP/SRM, and Microsoft preferred
- Must be successful in the completion of all mandatory testing for this position with a minimum score
of 70% required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve in a busy work environment required
- Demonstrated ability to accurately type a minimum of 40 wpm required
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, and discretion in matters related to patients, staff, and hospital affairs
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment required
- Demonstrates core MGH values
- Good work and attendance record required
- All employees of Toronto East Health network - Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to Toronto East Health network's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, Please visit www.tehn.ca * > Careers > How to Apply to download the *application form
Send your resume & application form indicating “ICU1914” in the subject line
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
Job Type: Part-time