Location: Williams Lake Seniors Village
Days Worked: Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 – 16:30
Days Off: Sunday - Monday
This position is covered under the Single Site Order. Please note the wage is currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order. The displayed wage is therefore reflective of such initiative.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Recreation Manager and/or designate, assists in planning, implementing and evaluating activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents/tenants
Include but not limited to:
1. Carries out established recreation programs including outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
2. Assists residents to and from programs as required.
3. Assists, encourages, and motivates residents/tenants to participate and provide personal care during recreational activities as required.
4. Observes, reports and documents any changes, in residents, to the supervisor and/or nurse.
5. Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to supervisor.
6. Actively participates in C.Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
7. Assists with orientation of new residents/tenants.
8. Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists in the evaluation of volunteers.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Certificate or diploma program
2. Experience in a senior’s focused recreation department an asset.
3. Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
4. Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
5. Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Driver’s License required.
6. All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.