Manages operations of the Inventory Control Department including parts to service, Service & PAM warranty claims and shipping & receiving.
Key Results Areas
- Inventory Accuracy, Profitability & Management
- Warranty Management
- Parts to Service
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Shipping & Receiving: Employ sound management practices to ensure merchandise is properly received, accounted for, tagged properly and made available for sale on a timely basis.
- Inspect merchandise received for damage, imperfections, or other defects.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management & control system by working with the Parts & General Manager to ensure cycle counts of all P&A and General Merchandise within the showroom are being completed regularly and accurately.
- Responsible for ongoing inventory counts of all P&A product located within parts room. Advise P&A Manager and General Manager of any discrepancies.
- Work with Parts Manager to establish ROP’s on P&A required to meet Service needs.
- Notify Parts Manager of any service related rush orders.
- Back up Parts Manager when absent to ensure daily orders are submitted.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute reports of inventory levels, turnover, etc. and make recommendations to General Manager and Parts Manager on maintaining and improving inventory levels and processes.
- Ensure Parts Room access is limited (only P&A staff and Inventory Control Manager permitted in room).
- Manage and input all service related warranty claims.
- Manage over the counter P&A and General Merchandise warranty claims.
- Work with Parts Manager and General Manager to ensure warrantied product is addressed on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all insurance claims.
- Communicate with Service department on any service recalls.
Parts to Service
- Maintain inventory levels to support service and sales department demands.
- Review the service department schedule no less than once a day to ensure all pick lists are complete and assigned to a location prior to appointments.
- Review daily work in progress to ensure necessary parts are in stock or on order
- Receive stock per departmental procedure, segregate customer orders and WO’s and notify service as appropriate in a timely manner
- Pre-stage parts by work order and deliver to the technicians in a timely manner to ensure they experience minimal wait time
- Review, not less than once a day, new and used bike deals to ensure all accessories are in stock or on order.
- Review all Service WO’s to ensure proper procedures are being followed and accurate notes are being entered. Advise Parts & Service Managers of any discrepancies.
- Email Service department when SO special orders are complete and ready for work.
- If reasonably available take parts and accessories messages if parts counter is backed up
- Maintain proficiency with all phases of the dealer management software required to operate the department
- Maintain good departmental housekeeping
- Be courteous and friendly in conducting your daily business
- Handle telephone enquiries quickly and courteously
- Communicate constantly, to service and sales, on back-ordered parts
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Treat all customers and all staff fairly, courteously and with dignity
- Be honest and forthright with customers and staff
- Model superior customer service behaviour for parts and accessories staff by maintaining a positive attitude with customers, staff, and owners
- Be prompt, flexible and available
- Demonstrate a passion for the Harley-Davidson Buell and parts and accessories business and Mackies
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience in an automotive or motorcycle environment
- Knowledge and experience with Harley-Davidson products or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them
- PHD qualified and Pace tape current or a commitment to be so in six months
- Experience with integrated dealer management software
- Required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 40 lb. cases
- Required to push motorcycles weighing up to 1000 lbs.
- Potential exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemicals and other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
Job Type: Full-time