Oswego Hotel/ Kingsbridge Management
Events Coordinator - Part Time (candidate must be located in Victoria)
Who we are: Kingsbridge Management is a fast-growing hotel management company with corporate offices based in Victoria, BC. We create special places, properties, and service which inspire authentic experiences as unique as our guests. We seek to provide our guests an experience that is informed by their reasons for choosing us. Please visit our website kingsbridgemanagement.com to learn more about us.
Who you are: You are a versatile individual, who has a proactive approach and thrives in a result driven environment. You welcome feedback and love to lend your skills to a diversity of projects. You like puzzles and thinking outside of the box for solutions. You want to work for a fast-growing organization where there is lots of opportunity for growth.
Position Summary: As the Events Coordinator, you plan and coordinate the details of events, from logistical planning to the intricate decorations that dictate the overall mood and success of professional meetings and social parties. You assist clients in making their events come to life, overseeing every detail! You work in a fast-paced environment, organizing the tasks of many different groups of people for the events booked in the hotel.
- Coordinate activities of the F&B/ Catering Department with other departments to ensure excellent service to guests
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports
- Present a professional demeanor at all times as a representative of Kingsbridge Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Respond promptly to guest requests and inquiries and follows up to ensure utmost guest satisfaction
- Handle inquiry calls and transfer caller to appropriate member of sales department
- Assist in administrative tasks of the department as assigned
- Enter contracts, activities and bookings into Atrio
- Assist event staff in all aspects of servicing client
- Handle meeting room bookings, utilizing the reservation system (Atrio) and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space to maximize utilization
- Send initial confirmations in connection with bookings and following up at specified intervals prior to the event to confirm the current status of the meeting, the accuracy of participant counts, the need for special equipment, etc.
- Manage event logistics
- Carry out daily “call-arounds” for next-day events, getting final confirmation of the meeting’s time, number of participants, Audio Visual presentation materials, menus, room set-up, billing information, etc.
- Obtain correct approval and billing information for all expense related activity to include; food and beverage, equipment rentals, etc. Monitor the accuracy of any such charges.
- Quickly identifying booking conflicts or potential booking conflicts, suggesting solutions and if not immediately resolved, discussing such conflicts with the F&B Manager
- Check that meeting rooms are set-up correctly, with the proper equipment and amenities, prior to the start of meetings. Greet the host upon his or her arrival to the meeting room and ascertaining any new requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in hotel catering or related industry
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in an honest and ethical manner and in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills in the English language
- Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of Atrio and other sales-related software programs considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or job experience equivalent
What's in it for you:
- We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package
- A career in hospitality where growth and innovation are encouraged
- You get to be part of an amazing team of professionals who care about what they do. An organization which is growing and wants you to grow with us!
If you would like to join our team, please submit your cover letter and resume through this posting only. Candidates must be located in Victoria, BC. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly. Do not contact us with unsolicited offers or services.
Job Type: Part-time