- Enforce company Health and Safety Program and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation for Construction Projects at all times.
- Be a leader, be honest, be professional in all aspects of your work
- Motivate subcontractors and own forces to complete work safety, efficiently, on-time, and with quality.
- Review contract documentation in detail and understand all aspects of the work
- Problem solve on the fly, utilize resources available to get quick responses to issues, follow procedures to ensure all changes are brought to the attention of the Project Manager.
- Closely review and adhere to the project schedule, make amendments on the fly working with the project manager to maintain project flow.
- Maintain your project site in a safe, organized, clean manner with proper signage to reflect company professionalism
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience in the role of Assistant Superintendent with a General Contracting firm and ICI facilities.
- Proficient knowledge in Site Development, Building Envelope and M&E Systems for ICI facilities.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management is an asset.
- Solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, shop drawings, complete layout and provide lines and levels, interference review and coordination and scheduling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing labourers, sub-trades and suppliers.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Strong attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Site Superintendent: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)