The Welder is responsible for welding the required steel as prescribed in the blueprint, while maintaining quality of the product and safe work practices, working within the Walters Welding procedures and handbook.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Rig, hoist and move materials to and from workstation. Performs crane checks daily prior to use to ensure the crane is in working condition, if applicable.
- Read and interpret blueprints for welding specifications i.e. weld symbols.
- Operate welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as flux-cored arc welding.
- Operate equipment such as welding gages, grinders, chippers, scrapers, torches and gauges.
- Ensure safe work practices are adhered to and appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
- Record pieces completed by noting work order, type of task and description numbers.
- Ensures all tools and equipment are operated with care.
- Mentors apprentices and junior welders by sharing knowledge and safe work practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary School
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program in Welding
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant working with structural steel
Skills, Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Ability to read weld symbols
- Ability to operate overhead cranes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and procedures
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work around extreme heat
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Walters Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to attend
Free on-site parking to the left of the building. Enter through the door at the front of the building to sign in
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Safety boots required
About Walters Inc.
Walters Inc. Career Fair – Saturday May 14th, 2022 8am-12pm
Join the Walters Team and let’s build history together!
Join us at our Stoney Creek fabrication shop from 8am-12pm on Saturday May 14th, 2022 to meet the team and see our facility and the work we do. Walk ins welcome and refreshments will be served!
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Profit Sharing (Bonus) Program
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- Employee Family Scholarship program
- Competitive pay with merit increase program
- Generous Premium Hourly Rates for Afternoon shift
- Flexible health benefits that work for you and your family
- Great culture, Family-orientated and community involvement initiatives
- Safety Incentive Program
- Career growth & professional development
- Paid overtime and steady work
Founded in 1956, Walters Group is a family-owned steel construction company that designs, fabricates, and constructs commercial and industrial projects throughout North America.
Regardless of the industry, size or complexity, we always bring the same passion and commitment to every project we take on.
We are looking for individuals to come join our team who want their skills and talents to be challenged while feeling supported in their work environment. Come join Walters to have a career where you feel like part of the family and know that the work you do is more than just a job.
Available Opportunities for Full-Time Employment:
- Fitters (Structural Steel)
Job Fair Details:
Saturday May 14th, 2022 from 8:00am – 12:00pm
395 Jones Road, Stoney Creek, ON
Free on-site parking and refreshments available
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!