The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre, an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare, and licensed preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club is recruiting for an energetic, educated, creative, supportive and responsible individual to work part time in the Enhanced Preschool. The Enhanced Program Instructors will provide a safe, caring, stimulating, active and educational after-Kindergarten and school experience for members and their children utilizing the superior sport venues and facilities within the Club. A key part of this role is the development of the program plan; and implementation and evaluation of a high quality education program for children aged 5 and 6 years old.
Two positions are available from this posting.
· Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of activities for Kindergarten and school aged children utilizing individual and group interests in the playroom, with-in The Club and in the community with a focus on school readiness and physical literacy
· Knowledge and ability to implement AB Flight Curriculum combined with traditional program planning
· A wide repertoire of games, creative art activities, and unique play ideas and experiences to share with children
· Ability to confidently lead children and participate in physical activities that include creative movement, yoga, climbing wall experiences, swimming lessons and pool play, racquet sports, bowling, and outside excursions
· Ability to maintain a positive learning environment that is physically and emotionally safe and respectful to children and families, with focus on assisting in the growth and development of children’s communication and language skills, and social, emotional, physical, creative and mental reasoning skills and abilities
· Diploma, Degree or Certificate in Early Childhood Education, with a minimum certification of Alberta Child Development Worker Certification / Level 2
· Current certification in First Aid/CPR “C”/AED. Childcare First Aid/CPR is an asset
· A minimum of two years’ experience working in a licensed child care, pre-school, Out of School Care or Kindergarten/Education program
· Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Alberta Child Care Licensing and Alberta Health & Safety Standards
· Experience working in a recreation or sport facility is an asset, with a personal focus on Health and Wellness
· Knowledge of child development and skilled in the implementation of positive, proactive behavior guidance and management strategies
· Skilled in arranging and developing a stimulating, aesthetically appropriate program room with input into future design and equipment purchases
· Ability to build relationships and connect with children and adults, and communicate effectively and fluently
· A consistently positive, friendly, service-oriented attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and abilities
· Initiative and capable to work with minimal supervision in a team setting
· Punctual, reliable, responsible and accountable
Work hours are Monday to Friday, 10:30 am – 3:30 pm, with additional hours as required/available.
During the months of July and August, flexibility is required to help assist Childcare and/or Youth Programs, which may include Childcare Provider, Day Camp Leader or Youth & Teen Worker. Please be advised that this will be compensated at a secondary rate for the months of July and August.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certifications.
This recruitment is open until 4pm August 17, 2020 with a start date of September 2, 2020. The Enhanced Program term is from September to June.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in response to this ad.
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org or at www.glencoejobs.org.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent