Competition # CCM 20-21 February 25, 2020
Thompson, Marymound North Term to April 2021, Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly; days
Marymound is a non-profit organization offering programming and services to children, youth and families in Manitoba using a
strength-based and trauma-informed approach. We believe in finding the good in every young person who walks through our doors.
Marymound is guided by its core values:
Courage, Collaboration, Respect, Compassion and Spirituality.
Our ideal team member is passionate about making a difference and is committed to empowering the young people we support. We
are looking for individuals who will positively contribute to an inclusive, non-judgmental and fun environment. Marymounders are
leaders who are confident, resilient and open to trying new things. If you join our team, you can expect a challenging, yet rewarding
and fulfilling career.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Clinician is responsible for providing consultation and direct clinical services children and youth
including collaboratively developing and implementing treatment plans, actively participating in intakes, assessments and discharges,
and facilitating communication with all involved parties as required.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Develops and implements operational plans which provide for the delivery of high quality care programs and services.
- Supervise and oversee direct reports including Treatment Forster Care Facilitators.
- Arranges and records admission, treatment and discharge evaluations for each resident every three months or more often
dependent on the individual treatment plan.
- Responsible for on-call rotation for crisis assessment and intervention.
- Serves on committees as necessary and to encourage and participate in the development of new programs where service gaps
- Assess and complete referrals for services internally and externally within the community.
- Collaborates with other team members in developing and implementing treatment plans for youth and families.
- Provide treatment for clients through individual, family, and group therapy.
- Attend treatment meetings as required.
- Prepare written conference and letters.
- Bachelor of Social Work (other combinations of education and experience may be considered).
- 3 or more years’ experience working in a treatment or other similar therapeutic setting.
- Previous experience working with at-risk youth and high risk parents.
- Ability to actively contribute to and work effectively as part of the supervisory team.
- Ability to build effective work relationships as well as partnerships with external individual, families and organizations.
- Emergency First Aid/CPR is required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract are requirements.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, a Clear Child Abuse Registry Check, and an acceptable Prior Contact Check are required.
- Proven ability to apply clinical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and take initiative.
- Competency working with computers including Microsoft suite programs.
- Knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions & beliefs and the application of such to clinical work is considered an asset.
competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and pension package for qualified positions, opportunities for growth
and advancement, professional development opportunities, wellness programming, fun events including a yearly staff retreat and staff
BBQ’s, access to Elders and Indigenous Cultural Services and much more!
Deadline for applications:
March 10, 2020
Submit ‘Internal Application Form’ with cover letter and current resume
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 (80 hours bi-weekly) combined across
Marymound. Consider this prior to applying for positions, as employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that
will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Submit a cover letter and résumé, including references to:
Competition # CCM 20-21
442 Scotia Street
Winnipeg, MB R2V 1X4
Or Apply On-Line at www.marymound.com
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment opportunities are advertised on our website: