Junior Assistant General Manager
Cascadia Crown Isle
Cascadia Liquor Crown Isle in Courtenay is in search of a highly motivated, energetic Junior Assistant General Manager (AGM) to join our talented team of people! Our busy and successful store is open 9am-11pm seven days a week. As an integral part of our management team, you are flexible to provide coverage when needed.
At Cascadia Liquor, we’re passionate about delivering outstanding customer service. As an Island owned and operated business, we’re known for our impressive product range with a focus on local, organic and hard-to-find products from the Pacific Northwest and around the world.
- Making customers happy and promoting a helpful and friendly environment to ensure they arrive and leave with a great impression
- Working with the management team to motivate and lead a team of professionals
- Reviewing the financials and making recommendations for ways to increase sales, maximize margins, and minimize expenses
- Bringing your positive, collaborative and hardworking attitude to work each day
- Learning and talking about your products so you can connect with your customers and help them make educated choices
- Solving problems with a patient, level-headed and cool under pressure approach
- Contributing ideas for merchandising
- Managing inventory with an eye for organization, display and stocking of products
- Being part of a team of high achievers who care about the customers and the company they are representing
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in liquor retail, with over 1 year in a supervisory position
- Knowledge and passion for the beverage industry
- Serving it Right certification (a must)
- A warm, confident, and customer focused personality
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate people
- The ability to lift 25 kg repeatedly and stay physically active throughout your workday
- Strong skills in MS Office, retail POS systems, and office administration
- A flexible schedule with weekday, evening, and weekend availability
- Certification in wine, beer and/or spirits e.g. WSET, ISG, Cicerone (strong assets)
- A dynamic work environment with great people
- A focus on ethical and sustainable business practices
- Cross-training, growth opportunities and staff discount privileges with The Truffles Group of partner businesses (trufflesgroup.com)
- Complimentary entry to community events
- Competitive salary
- Extended health & dental and health & wellness account
- Paid volunteer days and donation matching
- RRSP matching
If this is you, let us know by submitting your resume and cover letter.
The Truffles Group is a collection of rapidly growing businesses with a big vision. Locally owned and operated, we are a people-powered group of companies devoted to changing the way people think about Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism, and beverage retail industries.
Job Type: Full-time