MaxPeople is a professional Human Resources consulting firm offering HR, Training, Recruitment and Employment Law services to clients in need of an effective people strategy to grow their business. We provide services to small and mid-size organizations with the necessary Human Resources infrastructure and the employment law services required for growth.
About Our Client
Our client, an innovative leader in mathematics education, offering a system of after-school math classes for high-performing and gifted students has more than 30 years of success,
Spirit of Math is changing the equation for math minds around the world, with after-school in-person classes, online programs, camps, training for educators, and an expanding series of math workbooks. Spirit of Math has been recognized by PROFIT 500 magazine for 6 consecutive years (2014 – 2019) as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies; Globe & Mail’s ranking for the “400 boldest businesses in Canada”, 2019.
What you will do:
The People and Culture Manager is responsible for the development of HR policies that align the business on people practices and ensure compliance with regulatory expectations to HR for the Releasing the Genius Organization. This includes human resource planning; employee relations and engagement; recruitment and selection; performance management; training; talent and development and implementing policies and procedures. The Human Resources Manager will have a direct report and will also be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The People and Culture Manager will build strong relationships with management and employees and provide a high level of service when providing guidance on HR strategies and issues.
Additionally, the People and Culture Manager will oversee the following:
- Develop and maintain a strong talent development and succession plan
- In concurrence with the training departments: train and coach Managers/Campus Directors and Regional Managers on leadership practices.
- In collaboration with managers and training department facilitate new employee orientation and on-boarding
Compensation and Benefits:
- Oversee the development of incentive and bonus plans for the organization, ensuring that they are designed to drive employee performance in line with business objectives, are market competitive, legally sound and managed/administered accurately and effectively.
- Oversee the health and benefits plan for SoM. Negotiate with Benefits Broker renewal annually. Assist in the development, coordination and maintenance of an updated benefits plan, and any other employee retention initiatives.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Lead the development of recruitment strategy and plans to support recruiting needs.
- Ensure recruitment deadlines are met and participate in active recruiting when needed.
- Provide support to Campus Directors and Regional Managers on HR related tasks at the campus and regional levels.
- Conduct timely, professional, and thorough interviews and reference checks to probe/confirm fit, competency and technical skill of candidates.
- Administer psychometric tests for recruitment and career development purposes.
- Strong experience in performance, talent assessment and succession planning is essential.
- Manage the performance management procedures including disciplinary process (corrective actions, PDP, PIP)
- Coaching managers on performance improvement discussions and performance improvement plans. Aid in the facilitation of discussions between manager and employee in helping resolve situations.
- Implement and track return to work programs for employees that are coming back from injury.
- Advise Senior Management on potential challenges and opportunities related to HR.
- Manage HR data and reporting.
- Proactively work with data available to understand, identify, and analyze patterns for attention or action and counsel leaders on approaches and solutions.
Policies and Administration
- Develop and review policies as business needs change and evolve.
- Ensure all policies and procedures meet with Releasing the Genius standards and are compliant.
- Liaise with Director of Finance to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, and make recommendations to executive management
- Partner with Legal, IT and CEO on data privacy and security matters and other HR-related industry standards & compliance requirements
- Work with the finance department to oversee, assist and support the payroll process.
- Review and update employment policies and programs to ensure compliance with applicable legislation and best practices.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all HR files.
- Supervise and develop HR Generalist.
Skills and Competencies:
Minimum 3-5 years Human Resources management experience preferred, preferably in professional services.
- Relevant college or University Degree and a Certified Human Resources Professional Designation (CHRP, CHRL).
- Talent Development and Management skills, including experience developing and conducting talent management programs in a corporation
- Knowledge of key legal issues associated with HR practices throughout Canada
- Strategic and able to provide tactical and hands-on support in all areas of human resources
- Confident, approachable with the capacity to understand multiple perspectives
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- An engaging and strong communicator with a focus on relationship building and maintaining positive company culture.
- A high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Can work well independently and as part of a team
- Takes the initiative and thrives in a fast-paced workplace
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to be creative and think outside of the box
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.