Applications are invited for the following position: Ontario Autism Program (OAP) Family Support Contract Position start date To Be Determined
Salary: Competive wage
The Family Support Worker (FSW) is the primary point of contact for families entering the Regional Autism Program. Working closely with internal and external care providers, the FSW’s primary responsibilities include the:
- Development and completion of the Family Service Plan, with responsibility to coordinate and ensure completion of regular review and updates
- Service navigation and coordination
- Assistance with referrals to services, funding applications
- Provision of resources and general information to families
- Support and assistance in addressing any potential barriers to service participation Caseloads will fluctuate and will be impacted by travel needs within the program’s geographical region.
- Professional in appearance and mannerism, excellent time management skills, superior communication skills verbal and written. Ability to empathize and have compassion, excellent work ethic.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Community College diploma in a field related to child studies/ social services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team work skills
- Self-directed learner who is able to work independently while collaborating effectively with others * Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment under time constraints
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and access to a vehicle
- Current Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) or equivalent an asset
- Behaviour management certificate or other relevant certificates or courses is an asset
- CPR & First Aid
- Flexible work schedule required
- 3- 5 years’ experience working with children /youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Autism Intervention Program and/or ABA Services & Supports
- Demonstrated knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience working directly with families on skill building, navigating services, and problem-solving issues
- Experience & Knowledge of CAN, ABLLS, VB-MAPP and Social skills improvement systems or others related are perferred and considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of resources and application of all current methods of data collection and documentation written and digital.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel and others relevant to position.
- Current vulnerable sector police check
Thank you to all applicants. Only candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Contract