Altex Industries is a fabrication, engineering and service company that specializes in providing heat transfer equipment and service for the oil & gas, pulp & paper and petrochemical industry domestically and internationally. We are currently looking for an individual to fill a full-time Sandblaster/Painter position. Some of the responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Paint and Sandblast
- Ensure client specifications are followed
- Internal coating
- Check drawings
- Order materials
- Quality control
- Time cards
- Contact inspectors
- Update client specifications books
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
-The ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- The ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and set priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Introductory knowledge in Microsoft desktop and server applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creativity skills.
- Report for work on time ready to perform assigned tasks. In addition, ensure your personal contact information is up to date with position supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with Altex’s Policies and Procedures.
- Report immediately, any injury or accident and assist with any investigation as required.
- Care for and safeguard any Altex property assigned directly to you or in your personal workspace.
- Ability to paint sandblast per required specifications.
- Shop Operation Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities – tight deadlines, physically demanding, bending, crouching, kneeling, repetitive tasks
- Weight Handling – Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Education/Certification and Experience:
- Journeyman Ticket
- NACE Inspection Certificate – Level 2 preferred (not required)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Work overtime/outdoors, if required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent