Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities - join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our eight health and wellness locations, seven child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
$35,464.00/year - $39,395.20/year
- The successful candidate will be flexible and available to work Sunday through Thursday.
You can make an impact in the community - locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
- Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
We strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Supervisory experience is an asset;
- YMCA Swim Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, or Swim for Life Instructor certification;
- National Lifeguard Certification - Pool option;
- Lifesaving instructor would be an asset;
- National Lifeguard Instructor and First Aid Instructor would be an asset;
- Current Standard First Aid certification (recertified within the last three years);
- Current CPR C certification (recertified within the last year) certification;
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Three professional references.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Reporting to the Aquatics Supervisor, the Aquatic Coordinator will:
- Ensure a safe and fun environment for all staff, volunteers and participants;
- Respond promptly to members' concerns and inform the Aquatic Supervisor of unresolved issues;
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by being friendly, courteous and helpful to all patrons;
- Ensure that all staff are ready, on deck and prepared when their shifts start;
- Ensure programs start and end on time;
- Deliver leadership courses;
- Ensure staff certifications are current and employee files are up-to-date;
- Ensure all staff adhere to the Aquatic Policies and Procedures;
- Assist the Aquatic Supervisor with staff evaluations;
- Monitor changes of shifts and ensure adequate coverage;
- Maintain current inventory of aquatic supplies and recommend purchases;
- Monitor and report pool statistics;
- Maintain payroll sheets as scheduled;
- Support the Aquatic Supervisor as needed;
- Support the branch in registration, Duty Manager shifts, and ongoing special events;
- 20-30 hours of on deck hours, lifeguarding and instruction and teaching of classes.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
For any concerns or questions please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager,