Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Temporary- Full time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Montreal (to be determined)
Youth Program Directorate
Application des mesures
Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Psychology and social services professional (Psychologist/Social Worker/Psychoeducator/Community Org./etc.)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
We are looking for a social worker for many temporary full time position for the Application of measures department at Bashaw Youth and Family Centres.
Person who performs conceptual, counselling, consulting, updating, analytical activities and evaluations in one or several social programs. Must have an undergraduate degree in social work.
- If an employee uses this reserved title, she / he must provide the employer annually with proof that she / he is a member of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux du Québec.
- To perform the functions of an AM worker in relation to section 33 of the Youth Protection Act, when required, under the S4.2 Act;
- To carry out the provisions of the Youth Protection Act, the Reference Manual on Youth Protection, the Harvey Protocols and all Batshaw CYPC Policies and Procedures;
- To intervene, within the required time frames, in the situations that have been oriented to AM and to carry out the court or voluntary measures as per the case orientation;
- To intervene in crisis situations; to provide on-going practical and psycho-social supports, to promote clients problem solving and self-help activities;
- To intervene in all cases within the BYFC Permanency Planning framework; to return or maintain the children within their home or determine the best alternative plan ; to make links with their community of origin;
- To prepare the family for the placement of children as per Permanency Planning guidelines ensuring cultural links are maintained;
- To establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues, collaterals both within Batshaw and outside establishments;
- To participate in all required meetings and orientation tables;
- To represent the department of AM when requested on internal and external committees;
- To carry out all of the required recording within the legal and BYFC administrative requirements;
- To work effectively and sensitively with clients from different cultural, racial, religious backgrounds as well as sexual orientations;
- To carry out their duties with ability and willingness and effectively within required timeframes;
- Willingness to participate in any training that is deemed necessary;
- To perform other related duties as requested by the immediate manager.
The mission of Batshaw Youth and Family Centres (Batshaw Centres), established under the Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services, is summarized as follows:
to provide psychosocial, rehabilitation and social integration services;
to ensure the provision of services related to child placement, adoption, adoption disclosure, reunification, expertise to the Superior Court and mediation.
Services are provided primarily in accordance with the Youth Protection Act, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and An Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services regarding the placement of children and youths.
Batshaw Centres services are provided to the residents of the island of Montreal who wish to receive them in English and to the Jewish community of Montreal, in either English or French.
Batshaw Centres also offers rehabilitation placement services to youths from all regions of Quebec who require them in English.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Social Work or Master's degree in Social Work;
- Member of Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux du Québec;
- Must be bilingual;
- Must have a valid driver's license and a car.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.