Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
Type of employment:
- Perform Fire Assay techniques, such as fluxing, fusing, and cupelling samples according to written procedures.
- Carry out routine equipment maintenance under direction of supervisor
- Complete and maintain accurate, up to date work order documentation, fusion sheets and logs in every respect.
- Carries out routine equipment maintenance under the direction of his/her supervisor.
- Follow all Quality system protocols and report discrepancies to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work environment which includes proper disposal of crucibles, cupels and fire assay lead wastes.
- Organize and label waste disposal
- May be asked to work in other areas of the Geochemistry laboratory sections when required.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
High school diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of relevant laboratory work experience preferred or equivalent lab experience through education.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, CCLAS, Oracle, etc.).
- Candidates must demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must have time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple projects in fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & lab equipment.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.