About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities - home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
JOB ID #:
Project Coordinator, Facilities
Public Works Department
Energy Fleet & Facilities Management
Lister Block, 28 James St N
NUMBER OF VACANCIES:
1 Full-Time Temporary
CUPE Local 5167 Inside
HOURS Of WORK:
35.00 per week
$38.594 - $43.857 per hour
- Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non Union Salary Range for details.
This vacancy is for a period of 24 months due to a special project.
Job Description ID #:
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Capital this position supports the Project Management Office (PMO) throughout all phases of the project process, ensuring projects are delivered within the scope, budget and schedule specified, contributing to the overall service excellence provided by Public Works, FMCP to our clients.
Provide support to the Project Managers of the PMO Office with respect to the delivery of capital construction and/or compliance projects.
Assist with the planning, organization, and co-ordination of all activities related to the construction process and/or compliance programs from concept to completion in the design and construction of new and renovated building which may include infrastructure such as arenas, pools, community centres and municipal buildings.
Assist with all procurement including drafting of requests for proposals (RFP), requests for tender (RFT), requests for quotation (RFQ) as required as it relates to the capital process.
Consults with Architects and Engineers and other professional consultants as required, in order to ensure client needs are met.
Liaises with client contacts and stakeholders ensuring that scope of work is in accordance with client and program needs, as well as appropriate operations and maintenance staff in order to ensure designs are co-ordinated with long term maintenance requirements.
Participates in site visits, documents site conditions, and prepares field reports.
Assist with the preparation of cost and project estimates based on the approved scope and contract administration on assigned projects.
Provides and maintains a computerized inventory of all assigned projects and provided regular verbal and written status updates to management on a regular basis.
Interprets and reviews drawings, specifications, and tender documents to ensure compliance with contract documents.
Attend and assist with the preparation of, as well recording, of minutes of project meetings as necessary.
Assist in reviews consultant and contractor payments based upon work completed and provide recommendations for payment to Project Manager. (Co-ordinates and tracks the completion of deficiencies with the general contractor and consultant.
Provides co-ordination and support to FMCP Accommodations as required.
Maintains records of project budget, schedule, and progress utilizing internal PM processes.
Reviews tender drawings and specifications prior to submitting to Procurement.
Assists with the drafting of Reports to Council or Committee as it relates to capital projects. Receives, answers, or redirects inquiries from the public, other City Departments, outside agencies, consultants, contractors and vendors.
Liaises with authorities having jurisdiction as required.
Performs such other duties, as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, which are directly related to the normal job functions.
1. Must have knowledge of the practices and theories project management and construction normally acquired by obtaining a degree or diploma in business administration, construction management, civil/architectural engineering or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. through a combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Regulations and Legislation related to the construction and operations of buildings is required.
3. Demonstrated experience working in an architectural, engineering, or construction environment is required. Previous experience in the Industrial Commercial Institutional sector (ICI) is an asset.
4. Must have detailed knowledge of budgets, contract administration, facilities construction, spreadsheets and clerical administration through a combination of education and experience.
5. Previous experience in design and construction in the Industrial Commercial institutional (ICI) sector is an asset.
6. Previous experience as a Project Coordinator, working with multiple stakeholders, is a definite asset.
7. Knowledge of Facilities Management is an asset.
8. Well-developed interpersonal, verbal, and written skills required.
9. Knowledge and application of Ontario Building Code (OBC) and related legislative requirements such as Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA).
10. Working knowledge of health and safety requirements on construction sites (OHSA).
11. Experience in a computerized environment with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel, MS Project and Outlook.
12. Must possess a Class “G” driver’s licence with provision of a vehicle for use on the job.
This Competition may include an interview and/assessment as part of the selection process.
Job Descriptions are available on My HR Info - You may access them by logging onto My HR Info – Main Menu – Self Service – Job Opportunities – City Job Descriptions . Job descriptions are available in PDF format and are organized by department and alphabetically by title.
Be advised that Human Resources frequently audits resumes of internal/external applicants to ensure/validate information provided is consistent and trustworthy. Falsification of information provided at any time throughout the recruitment process may be grounds for disqualification, and for internal applicants, subject to discipline up to and including termination.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values and Corporate Culture Pillars, the City of Hamilton is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. The City will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
We invite you to visit the departmental webpage to obtain further information on the culture and business of this department.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. It is also the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above for this competition as directed. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all applicants
The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for discipline, up to and including termination for internal applicants and disqualification for external applicants.