The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for customer site field service support of Measurement Instrumentation products such as: level, pressure, temperature, flow, & analytical instrumentation as well as control valve and control valve positioners.
Support & troubleshooting of instrumentation and control equipment in Steam Plant & Combined Heat & Power (CHP) facilities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· On-site services including configuration, commissioning and troubleshooting
· Follow through with customer maintenance contract work.
· Consulting diagrams and technical documentation such as schematics, manuals, standards and codes
· Installing, configuring, calibrating and maintaining control, measurement and indicating instrumentation (pneumatic, analog & digital including HART);
· Calibrating components and systems;
· Work towards G1 Gas Technician license to support industrial boiler & burner applications and customers
· Maintain sound working relationships with customer's personnel in various functional departments, such as: engineering, purchasing and maintenance.
· Provide a premier level of customer service.
· Timely resolution of all customer concerns.
· Promote a team approach within Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
· Perform other duties supportive of main objectives, as assigned.
· Promote services capability.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
· Knowledge of process control systems.
· Knowledge of health and safety issues and regulations
· Knowledge measurement devices (Flow, pressure, temperature, level, analytical, control valves & positioners)
· Understanding of electronics and basic electrical requirement
· Knowledge of process control
· Strong ability to troubleshoot problems, provide results & recommendations to customers
· Exposure to programming & wiring of PLC’s, DCS’s and single loop controllers would be an asset.
· Proficient in computer operating systems (DOS, VMS, Windows)
· Proficient in software applications (word processing, spreadsheet)
· Training and Presentation skills
· Project Management skills
· Prior experience (3 Years’) preferred
· Applicant must be a qualified journeyperson, possess an Instrumentation Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent, or Technician Diploma
· Strong customer service skills
· Advanced troubleshooting abilities
· Some travel, overtime and after hours coverage required
· Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call to respond to emergencies when required
· Able to climb ladders/stairs and work at heights
· Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
As an Instrumentation Technician you will receive:
· A competitive compensation package
· A comprehensive and flexible benefit package including:
o Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
o Paramedical Health Coverage
o Health Care Spending Account
o Ample time off
o RRSP matching program
· Role specific training
· A structured training and development program
· Opportunity to participate in Lakeside’s various committees including:
o Health and Wellness,
o Social Responsibility,
o Joint Health and Safety
· Employee and Family Support
o Employee Assistance program (EAP)
Employment type: Full-Time
Industry: Process Automation, Industrial Engineering
Education: Diploma from a technologist instrumentation course or Journeyman Instrument Certificate
Experience: 1-3 Years’ in a Related Position
Manages Others: Not Required
Relocation: Not Required
Required Travel: Up to 50% based on project needs
Job Type: Full-time