Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As Process Excellence Black Belt, you will bring alive our work, learn, grow culture by leading complex process improvement projects to drive exceptional results and experiences for our customers and associates. Through your passion for Lean Six Sigma practices and a consistent and disciplined approach you will be our internal ambassador for process improvement. As we evolve and transform into the Working and Learning Company, you will be inspired to be your best every day and make your mark.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead complex projects using Process Excellence and/or traditional project management methodologies including Lean Six Sigma DMAIC to deliver significant bottom-line improvement.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities of one or more complex projects with capital budgets ranging up to $1M+
- React quickly to scope change requests and implement sufficient change control monitoring within a project. Establish strong working relationships with end users in order to gain a practical understanding and working knowledge of department procedures, policies, and daily operational processes.
- Lead project teams with a focus on business planning and return on investment analysis
- Help the organization in the use of Lean Six Sigma methodology, tools, and techniques. Support Lean Six Sigma knowledge transfer and contribute to the body of knowledge of process excellence.
- Identify and leverage process best practices to drive projects faster and achieve results.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification required (Black Belt grade level 36-40 preferred)
- PMP certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- Demonstrated expertise in relationship building, influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus building
- Analytical orientation, passion for excellence
- Proficiency in financial acumen and elementary statistics preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Solutions finder
- Office Environment
- Some travel may be required
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.