Are you an accountant who recently passed the CFE and is looking for the next step in your career? If so, Lambert Nemec Group, Winnipeg's leader in Permanent Accounting & Finance Recruitment, has partnered with our client who is interested in hiring either a recently designated accountant.
Reporting directly to the Controller and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other operational & accounting team members the Assistant Controller will actively participate in the month-end process. Specifically, the Assistant Controller will prepare journal entries, reconcile balance sheet and income accounts and prepare the monthly financial statements.
The Assistant Controller is responsible to:
- Generation of monthly financial statements, statistical and operating reports.
- Financial analysis and variance analysis of financial performance for the organization
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts.
- Monitor daily banking activities and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review of account and accounting transactions following up on any discrepancies.
- Assist the audit process by providing auditors with supporting documents and providing account analysis as requested.
- Participate in special projects with the leadership team.
- Report on various KPI’s to support the business.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Canadian accounting designation, CPA (CA, CGA CMA).
- The Financial Analyst will have solid public practice experience preferably working on complex files.
- You will have strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills along with very strong technical accounting skills.
- Effective communication skills utilizing a proactive approach.
- Excellent skills with software including ERP and advanced MS Excel.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships with key members in finance & operations.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a level of tenacity to challenge the status quo.
- Keen interest in managing projects both financial & operational in nature.
- A competitive compensation package including a base salary.
- Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing Manitoba based company.
- 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Strong benefits program including health and dental.
Apply online. If you have any additional inquiries please contact Dan Lambert, President at dan@lambertnemec. com
To view other opportunities currently available go to https://lambertnemec.com/career-portal/index.html#/jobs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year