Household products Bottling line Technician. Must be able to work on bottling line, maintain and repair equipment, assist with designing and setting up production line to improve efficiencies.
Research, design and develop machinery and systems for processing and manufacturing Prelam Enterprises’ products. He/she also performs duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical – 80 % of time
- Treat production staff as main customer to address production issues as they develop and keep production moving at optimum efficiency.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Design/retrofit machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to maintenance crews
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Perform scheduled equipment maintenance and inspections.
Administrative – 20 % of time
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Prepare documents and evaluate for equipment maintenance
- Supervise line operators, technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
Education and Expertise Required:
Mechanical Engineering Technician or in a related Engineering discipline is recommended
The specific competencies required include:
- Achievement Orientation – an ability to take initiative, and a strong desire to succeed and attain business goals and objectives;
- Information seeking – an ability to listen, understand and probe personnel in order to gather required client/supplier information;
- Client Service Focus – an ability to effectively provide information and answer various client questions regarding business services;
- Information Management Skills – an ability to manage information using effective filing methods and by using computerized information management systems;
- Organizational Skills – an ability to work with a large amount of confidential information and manage several budgets to accommodate business needs
- Concern for Quality and Details – an ability to manage a large amount of information and be focused on the quality of reports and data keeping processes
- Teamwork – an ability to work with and collaborate on projects with various employees in the company
Work with pre-determined policies and program guidelines that support his or her decision-making.
Works in laboratory and manufacturing environments at which time he/she is required to follow safe work practices such as wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment required at these locations and following safety regulations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Requires diligence when working with mechanized equipment and chemicals. Safety precautions are necessary.
Staff Development and Leadership
Receives general supervision and direction from the Plant Manager and VP - Operations. Implement and follow established policies and procedures set by Prelam Enterprises. May be required to supervise line operators, technologists, technicians and/or outsourcing facility staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Assembly line: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English or French (Preferred)