Victoria Gardens Long Term Care in Hamilton is looking to hire a part time Nutrition Manager for their Food Services department.
This position is 25 hours per week.
Start date: Dec. 2019
Candidates must have a valid membership with CSNM.
Graduation from a recognized program in Food Service Management.
Experience in long term care is preferred.
Must have leadership skills
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must have computer skills
Must understand Ministry of Health funding and regulations
Must have a current Vulnerable Sector Screening (within 6 months)
Must have recent TB test (within 12 month)
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Ensure dietary department is operated efficiently and in compliance with pertinent legislation, standards and requirements.
- Train, schedule and supervise dietary staff and complete evaluations
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health Inspectors and consultants as required.
- Ensure the provision of quality dietary service and nutritional care through menu planning, and the maintenance of high standards of food preparation and service.
- Ensure maintenance of the appropriate management system including record keeping and reporting.
- Coordinate the purchasing of food and other dietary supplies.
- Work in conjunction with the Consultant Dietitian to plan and carry out therapeutic and clinical dietary services including diet assessment.
- Work in a cooperation with other departments such as Nursing and Recreation to provide quality care services.
- Other duties as needed
Job Type: Part-time
- Nutrition Manager: 1 year (Required)